Eliminate Body Stress with Versatile CF-8 Lead Former Tooling
GPD's CF-8 eliminates component body stress. Versatility is the key word for the CF-8. Simple tooling changes make short or long run production jobs quick and easy.
- Meets exacting military standards
- Extremely low maintenance
- Eliminates component body-to-lead stress
- Forms axial leaded components either vertically or horizontally
- Repeatability of station settings are controlled to ± .002" (0.05 mm)
- Form loose or taped axial-leaded components
- Tooling change-over is quick and easy
- Form components with lead diameters between 0.015" (0.38 mm) and 0.060" (1.52 mm)
- Tape mounted components up to 25,000 parts per hour
- Loose fed components up to 4,000 parts per hour
The CF-8 forms axial leaded components in various form styles:
A basic illustration of how the CF-8 cuts, forms, and bends axial leaded components.
- Control lead protrusion below the pc board with cut-off lock-in tooling to eliminate post solder trimming.
- Lock-in tooling prevents component "float" during wave solder process.
- Stand-off or flushmount lock-in forms for components with lead diameter from .015" to .060" (0.38 mm to 1.52 mm) and lead material from copper to steel.
- Feed loose or taped components with the same machine. Feed from reels with standard Tape Feeder or in bulk with optional Jacobs Ladder.
- Reduce setup time through repeatable station settings and GPD's exclusive Calculator Software Package.
- The CF-8 meets the most difficult standards for stress-free/nick-free forming during the forming sequence.
- Standard tooling in stock.
- Station adjustments available in inches or metric.
A complete line of accessories ranging from the Calculator Software to an Electronic Counter to the Transport Wheel System is available for use with the CF-8.